1. What Information Do We Collect?
1.1 Information You Give To Us
We receive and store any information you give to us, such as when you:
– download our games
– are involved in our special events (e.g. beta testing)
– interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter & YouTube
– enter information on our Website
– make an in-app purchase
– request technical support, make a compliment or complaint, or otherwise contact us directly or supply your information in another way
1.2 Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us, such as:
– information about how you use our Services. We use this information to design new Services, improve our games, provide social features and to deliver our Services to you
– when you sign-in to our games with Facebook or other platform providers, we gather from that provider your basic profile information such as name, gender, age-range and friends list
– information about the device you use to access our Services such as its model, operating system, platform, language and other technical information such as cookies
1.3 Information From Third Parties
Sometimes we collect information about you from third parties, such as Apple, Inc, Facebook or Google, Inc. We collect this information so that we can deliver services to you that you have requested. We collect this information:
– when you purchase our Services via the App Store, or Google Play Store, or other Storefront. We receive information about you such as the country you are in
– when you use in-app features such as Game Center we will collect information such as your user name
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we collect about you:
– for the purpose it was collected for (eg if you participate in our testing, we will use that information to assist in the development and launch of our games, if you email us we will use your name and email to respond)
– to deliver our Services to you
– to personalise and continually improve your experience of our Services
– to offer our Services to you and to tell you about new Service offerings, updates and other information about our Services that might be relevant to you
– to advertise our Services to you
– to perform our own analytics. We use analytical information for supporting business analysis and operations, business intelligence, product development, improving products and services
– to verify your compliance with our Terms and Conditions
2.1 When Do We Disclose Information
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
– if we are required or authorised to disclose by law or by a law enforcement agency
– to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure
2.2 Third Party Services
We encourage you to be careful about the protection of your own personal information when using third party services such as social media platforms.
2.3 Marketing, In-app Purchases & Opting-Out
2.3.1 In-app Purchases
Some of our games offer in-app purchases. Examples of in-app purchases are items you can purchase (for real or in-game currency) or other additional features. If you don’t want to make in-app purchases, don’t use these paid-for options and consider disabling in-app purchases on your device.
Ways to opt-out of our Services:
– if we post updates via Facebook you can ‘unlike’ our page and you will no longer get updates
– if you receive one of our tweets you can stop following us on Twitter or if we use another type of social media you can opt-out using that service
2.4 Storage & Security
We aim to protect both your information and our information in the best possible ways. But there are inherent risks in transmitting information over the Internet and it is possible that we could be hacked. You should feel comfortable with this level of risk before you provide information to us, or use our Services. If you are not comfortable with this risk, please do not use our Services.
3. Updates to this Policy
4. Addendum: Definitions
Interpretation and interpolation of unidentified data to predict and isolate trends relating to game play and app use.
A unique identifier which is randomly generated by your device.
A central game hub that retains information regarding game play statistics that is openly shared with the user. This includes high scores, global leader boards, friend’s lists and in-game achievements.
An in-game system that allows exchanging real money for virtual goods or in-game currency.
Services offered by us and includes our games, websites and related services.
An online business presence for sales. We work with the Apple App Store and Google Play storefronts as their primary storefront for sales.
Terms and Conditions
Rules and conduct standards that are defined that one must comply with to use the service.
third party services
Services provided by a provider that is not owned or controlled by Salmon Pirate
Text based comments provided by users on the Twitter platform.